Some trout action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some trout action

After experiencing three straight steelhead skunking trips (only 2 for 4 for this season) I wanted to put a bend into a rod. So, I fished an Oregon Fishing Club pond for trout. I did feel guilty not swinging for steel during the high time of the season and just read today that the Clackamas has supposedly "turned on". But it felt good to have some good trout action. Cast and stripped a streamer with 10 to 12 trout caught in an hour. High quality fish 12 to 18 inches with most about 15 and all gave a very good battle. Got my fix and will get back after steel next week. Travelling to Bend this weekend for state middle school basketball championships where I hope my grandson can lead his team to the 8th grade championship. So close to the Deschutes and the Crooked but probably pass on fishing.

I hear you. I'm starting to get my early spring Deschutes itch.
    Support the Deschutes River Alliance: Cooler, cleaner H2O for the lower Deschutes River

Comment

• FinLuver
      FinLuver commented
      Editing a comment
      Try benedryl for the itch. ;-)

I was able to get an hour of fishing in at one of those club spots after the expo yesterday. First fish on a dry this year- a kick for sure.

Comment

Working...
    X