Boat on Davis Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat on Davis Lake

Does anyone have any info about getting a boat on Davis Lake? I have been there many times in my kayak but recently bought a 17 foot aluminum boat with a 60 horse motor. Is there enough water this year and which ramp is best.
    Thanks,
    Clay

Lots of options. You can launch at West Davis boat ramp, this is the first turn to the left if you are coming from 58. It is 5 miles of dirt road. Next is lava campground it has a dirt launch, there is a third ramp but it is closed during the nesting season. If you have a 4x4 you could launch at east Davis lake campground. That's about it for Davis unless somebody knows something I don't. Hope this helps.

Comment

Rob is correct but the West Davis launch may be tough for a boat that size if the water is too low.

You'll have to beach launch at Lava Campground and back way out

A month ago I was blowing bubbles...
      The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

I was at West Davis yesterday...still lots of water and I saw a jet boat launch there.

The Odell channel is full of an algae bloom so visibility was poor. I was fishing nymphs and got one decent trout and a pile of big thick whities.

Hopefully it will clear up soon, Stevie
        The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

I agree about the Lava Flow Campground on the northeast corner of Davis Lake.

Comment

Working...
          X