Just curious...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious...

How many of you have been members of the older forum and who's here from the first (2002?) Westfly Deschutes Rondi? Webfoot and I (FatFreddie) were the first of us to get speeding tickets from BLM armed and dangerous Rangers on the Lower Deschutes Access Road -- not necessarily proud of that, but I was glad to have had Webfoot's company! I've seen some of you on this new board, but I'm feeling the need to get reacquainted!

me ...Jan 2004...Big Ben told me of it... the ex Capt'n Insano...

Comment

I was on the old FlyFisherman site long ago when I lived in Seattle.

Then I joined WF but can't remember when... member number 714 I think
      The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

Hi Hugh, great to see you here on the new board. You're an old timer, and I was just a new kid on the block. I think my first Westfly post was approximately on July 2, 2003, at 1:47 pm. But that's just off the top of my head.

Comment

Thanks for the responses! Good to see y'all! Somehow, being in Bend and closer to Chris, I feel more attached to the river.

Comment

Hey Hugh..... Good to see your name pop up! Hope you're doing well.

Coleman

Comment

When I read this, I figured I was not really an old timer- Dorylf got me involved just the other day (Member 1233 registered 11-29-03-found a post on the old forum, and viewed my profile). Time flies. Hope the voices of the past mingle with the voices of the present. Good to see you back on Hugh. timk
              Last edited by dragginfly; 07-03-2017, 03:39 PM. Reason: member #

Comment

Member #: 620 http://www.west-fly-fishing.com/foru...lt/content.gif
                Title: Member
                Registered on: 01-26-2003 02:00 PM
                found this from the ol' Flyfisherman Virtual Fly Shop page (I think... I'm old... memory ain't my forte)
                Last edited by later, Peter; 05-28-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• later, Peter
                  later, Peter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wait.... not sure if that was me or I was someone else around that time... ..Nope... was me.

Welcome back, Hugh! That first Deschutes rondi will always stick in my mind as a great time with a bunch of great people.

Comment

So I think I started on the original board somewhere around 2003, 2004 ish. Just got signed up here a few days ago. I made to one Portland lunch, an east lake rondi and one Christmas party. Been a long time since I used a forum but was pleased to see westfly still running.

Comment

Hi Hugh. Good to have you back.
                    Anytime a man ain't fishin' he's fritterin' away his life.
                    --Rancid Crabtree

Comment

Back in the olden days... 01-03-03... #561

Comment

I was on the old site, jumped to Westfly when a bunch of folks did.
                      You don't need no gypsy to tell you why,
                      You can't let one precious day slip by.

Comment

I haven't posted recently but I still fish and lurk. I remember the first D rondi and the Crooked River winter rondi with the man who was too handsome to be a fisherman. Good times with good people.

Member #: 364 Title: Member Registered on: August 21, 2002 02:00 PM

Comment

• Caddisman
                          Caddisman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          For accuracy, too "pretty" was the comment by a very pretty waitress,; a moment, although embarrassing with the company present at the time, and brought up in subsequent posts over the years, I will always cherish.

Bill

Hi Hugh (and others) I'm still lurking. Now calling Eugene home, but with ties to NC.

Comment

• Caddisman
                          Caddisman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And as I remember, father of a very excellent poker player.
                      Working...
                      X