Fear the Grannom!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear the Grannom!

The McKenzie is dropping, the water temps are rising...and the cursed grannom will erupt like a biblical (it's Easter) plague.

Help me Obiwan!!

How do I survive this??
    The Catchin' Ninny

Last week was weird for the Grannoms. Big hatch on Tuesday but only saw a few on Thursday. It was a bit cooler on Thursday so maybe that had something to do with it. Hmmm...

Comment

I've never been there on a "biblical" hatch day, thankfully. I've seen a few heavy hatch days, though, when it was really thick the day before and fish were stuffed and not hungry. Sunny days seem to really bring out the caddis, while cloudy days are more about mayflies.

Comment

Never Fear the winged ant is here! Never has failed me during the Biblical hatch.

Comment

The year my first kiddo was born I had serious fish mojo. We hit Belknap Hot Springs on the Mac in early June and as we were laying on the grass cooing over our first born when a flying ant landed on my kid's head. I begged for an hour and ran down to the river. In addition to flying ants, there were still mother's day caddis, stoneflies, and green drakes. Everything I tossed on top produced fish. For the next few days I alternated between tending to Mom and the kid and literally sprinting to the river when they were sleeping. Hah.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawbugger View Post
            Never Fear the winged ant is here! Never has failed me during the Biblical hatch.
            We should all fish more ants...thanks Rob
            The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Chin View Post
              The year my first kiddo was born I had serious fish mojo. We hit Belknap Hot Springs on the Mac in early June and as we were laying on the grass cooing over our first born when a flying ant landed on my kid's head. I begged for an hour and ran down to the river. In addition to flying ants, there were still mother's day caddis, stoneflies, and green drakes. Everything I tossed on top produced fish. For the next few days I alternated between tending to Mom and the kid and literally sprinting to the river when they were sleeping. Hah.
              That's good times!...once u have kids u got no time to mess around.

As for ants, the Sierra had a yearly carpenter ant "hatch", and the fish did take notice.......I always have a handful of various ant patterns in my fly box now.

Comment

Guess who else is crawling...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2293.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	2596
                Attached Files
                The Catchin' Ninny

Comment

damn the grannoms, got my first fish of the year on sunday.

Comment

Sweet bow!

Comment

Well done, Joel! That's one chunky rainbow.

Comment

Working...
                      X